13 October 2012

embrace


I am often treated to all sort of behavior outside my office window. It ranges from funny to disturbing and can be outright frightening. If I think about it fast enough I can take out the camera and capture what's going on.. sometimes to send to the police if I have or in this case because I think it might make an interesting photo or drawing. The couple was not nearly as romantic as the drawing suggests... I don't dare tell you where the hands were among other things.

4 comments:

T' said...

Before I say anything else, is this analog or digital?

Behemoth media said...

this sis digital, but uses strictly pen and ink techniques on the figures. The backdrop is getting closer to the grey chalk effect i used to do on paper drawings... but not quite there yet.

T' said...

I will say that I like the linework parts better than I like the parts that look 'chalky.' To me, those parts look distinctly digital, almost like a spray can or something. The lines feel singularly applied and the chalky part feels 'sprayed,' if that makes any sense. And I love your pen work, so there!

Behemoth media said...

I can't disagree with the critique of the background... I've yet to find a way to get that chalk effect. Sketchbook pro might have a way but since I can't rotate the canvas it's not worth doing on a large scale drawing really. I might be able to do better with a smudge technique... still working on it!