26 October 2014

Why I HATE FedEx

Despite their self proclaimed reputation for getting things to you fast and on time, my experiences with FedEs have, for the most been terrible.

Case in point is my current iMac shipment... still currently in transit despite an arrival date of 2 days ago before noon. (Which I took a day off work for). As you can see from my crude graphics, it is zig-zagging all over two countries to get to my house. For several days it was said to be on time and fact said so until 45 minutes after it was supposed to arrive when it was suddenly in Calgary, the other side of the country. Thing is, they knew it was going to be late the night before and didn't say so.

Customer service is horrible, they blame customs of course, leaving out the fact that if it was in customs that morning in Memphis and then going to Calgary and not Montreal for some reason right afterwards, there is no way in hell it was arriving on time. What can they possibly do? they always ask. They are FEDEX, they could over night it directly to my door.. that is, after all, one of their best know services!  Don't worry it will be there Monday is the next statement... like I can trust them with anything at this point but even so... I am supposed to take another day off work in the vain hope they will accomplish task from 3 days before? You can ask a friend or family member to be there... to what..  also miss a day of work and spend the day sitting in my house waiting for my delivery? Do they think the entire world population has nothing better to do than wait for FedEx deliveries to arrive... whenever?

FedEx also has what can be called nothing but a scam set up between some merchants. They will charge you extra fees, usually ½ the cost of your order, to cross the border. They insist that it is the border charging this fee and they don't get any of it. For some reason no other carrier seems to have this issue with my deliveries.

To add insult to injury if you can't devote your every waking hour to waiting for a package you overpaid to have shipped to your house, it will go to some storage centre a "short" metro, bus, then another bus, then a walk away.... if you think 2 hours one way is short.

The kicker is.. I don't use FedEX. Ever. I will take Canada post over them any day. Apple computer however will only ship through them and some places I have ordered from using the regular post option have decided, without telling me, to use FedEx... and then charge me the extra fees. The ratio to getting my order on time and at the price stated is something like 8-10, not in FedEx's favour.

No comments: