27 September 2016

Sparkle web design app



In my quest to replace Adobe products with more affordable and better made applications that don’t charge me for the privilege of using them them every month, I may have finally come across  Dreamweaver alternative that works for me. 

To be clear, this is not a program for coders… in any way shape or form. It’s clearly for people like me who are designers and want something that works closer to a page layout program. While it is not as flexible as many might like, it basically covers all the bases and will improve with each iteration in response to what the users say they need. 

I am currently re-working the Behemoth media site with it and almost immediately came across a bug. I contacted Sparkle, got a reply in a couple hours and a solution minutes after I sent in the file for them to look at with promise to look into the bug right away and a quick tip baed on the file I sent that was more than a little helpful. So it is fair to say they won me over fairly quickly over the poor service I’ve reviewed at Adobe over the last many years. 


Using the application is very simple to figure out and not having to work in tables and place everything where you want, even over other elements without having to think of the technical aspects is very freeing as a designer. I haven’t found any templates available, which to me at least is a good thing. nor have I found any plugins, though you can embed code using a an embed object that might allow to insert Hype animations at a future date. The gallery feature is basically and easy to use, very clean looking with limited but useful adjustable parameters. This could be said about almost all the features offered at present.. clean, useful, uncomplicated. 


I am just starting with this software but I already love using it. I swear a lot less and work much faster. I don’t do much web design for clients these days, that business all went to the drag and drop companies a couple years back, so something like Sparkle handles all my current needs very well and I assume it will only get better from here on out. 

Update: behemoth media site updated with Sparkle


6 comments:

T' said...

I have been putting off making a site for my stuff for years, partially as I had no idea how to go about making what I want nor having the cash to hire someone. I'll look into this. Thanks!

Behemoth media said...

I would do it for you if you wanted. This cost me 126$ CAD with taxes etc... not too much and my new Behemothmedia.com site is online now! It went so much faster than with Dreamweaver and with a lot less technical issues. I might do a site for my friend's farm now.. I sort of have the bug again to do some internet stuff now I have this program!

T' said...

Ok, you sold me. I went and looked at their site today. I also went to look at my domain hoster's pricing and it's pretty reasonable. I'm thinking that, even though I use thomas-blue.com, fitecomics.com is going to be the main one. I actually get a few people here and there at work that want to see my comics and it sure would be nice to be able to just send them to a web site instead of trying to make them look me up on gumroad.

Behemoth media said...

I sent you pointers in the mail for the application. I can't wait to see what you come up with since the coding part is not even a thought you need to have with Sparkle and can just play around with your design ideas.

Unknown said...

There's a company that is offering affordable and excellent website design and development and more. Have a moment for visit http://www.virtualoctober.com/

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly comeback. branding companies